Saturday, January 23, 2010

Chicken Divan!


The other day on Rachael Ray, she made a chicken divan noodle something or other dish. It made me think about a Chicken Divan recipe I used to make. I had copied it down years ago from Live with Regis & Kathie Lee. Do you all remember when Kathie Lee Gifford was his co-host? Oh come on...it's only been about 8 years!

Anyway. I dug out my recipe and quickly remembered what I didn't like about it. It makes a ton! The recipe calls for 4 boxes of 10 oz. weight broccoli. That's 40 ounces of broccoli! Way too much for my little family.

Yes, I could just cut the recipe in half but I decided to go to the web and see what other variations I could find. As always, I found a few and used a little bit of this one and a little bit of that one to come up with my own. I hope you like it!

Chicken Divan

Ingredients:
16 oz. chicken breast, boiled, cooled and cut into slices
2 (10 oz. ea.) packages of frozen broccoli
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1/2 plain bread crumbs
1 tsp. chopped dried parsley

Directions:
1. In a large sauce pan, cook broccoli in boiling water until tender but still crisp..
2. In a greased casserole dish (mine was about 10 1/2 x 7 1/2 inches), layer broccoli in a single layer on the bottom.
3. Layer the prepared chicken evenly over the broccoli.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice and curry powder. mix well and pour evenly over chicken layer. Using a spatula, push the mixture down into the chicken a little.
5. Sprinkle the casserole with cheddar cheese.
6. Mix butter and bread crumbs together. Sprinkle on top.
7. Sprinkle with chopped parsley for color.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 -40 minutes until heated through and lightly browned.

Thanks for stopping by my kitchen!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails