Sunday, September 22, 2013

Leftover Pot Roast Noodle Soup!

After making my beef roast this week, I had tons left over. Normally I cook a small roast so after packing our lunches for the next day, there isn't any left over but this time I had to do something with the 3 cups or so that was left.
 
I decided to go searching the web for ideas on how to use it up. I found a ton of ideas but unfortunately, none that I loved. I did find a couple that I used for some inspiration and came up with this one.
OH. MY. GOODNESS!
I will be cooking big roasts from now on so I can make this soup!
It was that delish...if I do say so myself. :)
 
 

Leftover Pot Roast Noodle Soup  Click here for a printable PDF of the recipe
 
Ingredients:
2 Tbsp butter
2 stalks of celery, diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
1 medium onion, diced
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1 Tbsp dried parsley or fresh if you have it. I didn't.
1 tsp garlic powder
10 1/2 cups of water
3 - 3 1/2 cups of leftover pot roast, cut into small bite-sized pieces
4 cups of egg noodles, uncooked
sour cream
horseradish, prepared from a jar.
 
Directions:
1. In a large Dutch oven, sauté celery, carrots and onions in butter until translucent and soft.
2. While you are sautéing the trio, add the salt, pepper, garlic powder and parsley.
3. Next add the beef stock tubs and water and bring to a simmer.
4. Add leftover pot roast and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add noodles and cook until done.

The Topping: When I say I'm making pot roast, the first words out of Curtis or Allison's mouth are: "Do we have horseradish?" So with that being said, I needed to figure out how to optionally add it to the soup. All I did was take sour cream and stir prepared horseradish into it. Then I put it into t zipper bag, cut the tip off the corner of the bag and piped it onto the soup.

Enjoy!

Thank you for stopping by my kitchen!
 

 

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails