Monday, January 25, 2010

Blueberry Squares or Any Fruit Squares!


This recipe came from my Aunt Carole over 25 years ago. She used to make "Cherry Squares" but I'm not a big fan of cherry pie filling...which is what you use in this recipe. My favorite fruit pies are blueberry or peach so that's what I make.

Let me take a moment here and share with you that this is an award winning recipe. Yes, that's right! I entered it into a local recipe contest when I was about 18 and won 1st runner up! Don't be too impressed, my prize was just a $50 savings bond but I was thrilled with it!

Blueberry Squares or Any Fruit Squares

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup butter or margarine
4 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 can of blueberry pie filling (or any kind)

Directions:
~Cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
~Add eggs, one at a time.
~Add flour and vanilla and beat well.
~Pour batter in a well greased 9 x 13 pan.
~Mark 20 squares.
~Pour one tablespoon of pie filling in each square.
~Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
~Dust with powdered sugar. (Cinnamon & Sugar on Apple.)

Thanks for stopping by my kitchen!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails