Friday, September 25, 2009

Amish Peanut Butter!

I'm back as promised with the recipe to smear on your cornbread.

We know it as Dutch Butter (see previous post) but the real name for it is Amish Peanut Butter. There are dozens of recipes out there but this one is like the one they serve at the Das Dutch Haus.

This recipe makes quite a bit. It doesn't quite fill up 2 pint canning jars. Don't worry though. You will find more uses for this than just cornbread. It would be awesome over ice cream. I'm not a fan of chocolate ice cream but I think I could do it with this ladled over the top. Heck. I even smeared it on graham crackers with a piece of a Hershey bar in between...like a s'more without the marshmallow. I posted an ice cream cake recipe a while back. This would be good in place of the caramel with chopped up peanut butter cups instead of the toffee bits. Yum. You could even put it on your morning toast. Oooh! I just thought of one more thing. Apples. It would be good on apples. The possibilities are endless!

Amish Peanut Butter

Ingredients:
1 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup marshmallow creme

Directions:
~In a bowl, mix corn syrup, peanut butter and marshmallow creme together with a wire whisk until smooth.
~Store in an airtight container.

Thanks for stopping by my kitchen!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails