Saturday, April 11, 2009

Broccoli Salad!


This is a common salad that someone usually brings to summer cook outs. I always double this recipe when I take it somewhere because when I bring this, I am sure to bring home an empty bowl.

There are many variations of this recipe but this is the one that I prefer. I've also changed this up a bit too and used half broccoli and half cauliflower. It's just as tasty!

Broccoli Salad

Ingredients:
1 large head of fresh broccoli, cut into small bits or flowers
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 lb. bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
1 small red onion, finely diced (I don't even use the whole onion)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons cider vinegar

Directions:
~In a large bowl mix the broccoli, cheese, bacon and onion together well.
~In a separate bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar until well blended.
~Add the dressing to the broccoli mixture and mix well.
~Let stand overnight or for at least 5 hours.

Thank you for stopping by my kitchen!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails