Saturday, September 21, 2013

Zesty Slow Cooker Beef Roast!


My normal way of making a pot roast is in the slow cooker. I cut up a large onion into big pieces and put them in the bottom. Then I put the roast on top and on top of that I sprinkle on a Lipton French Onion soup packet, add about 1/2 cup of water and cook it slow from 9-10 hours. After I take it out, I take out most of the juice and whisk in one can of cream of mushroom soup to make a yummy gravy for the roast and mashed potatoes.

However, this time I changed it up a little bit like my BFF, Susan does. She adds Italian dressing from the bottle on top. It was a nice touch that adds a zest to it.  The drippings were even delicious drizzled over the mashed potatoes. Yum!



Zesty Slow Cooker Beef Roast

Ingredients:
1 beef roast (I usually use a rump roast or a chuck roast)
1 large onion
1 packet of Lipton French onion soup mix
1/3 bottle of Italian dressing (approximate measure)

Directions:
1. Spray slow cooker with non-stick spray.
2. Cut up the onion into large pieces and place on the bottom of the slow cooker.
3. Place roast on top.
4. Sprinkle the packet of French onion soup mix on top of roast.
5. Pour dressing on top of soup mix.
6. Pour 1/2 cup of water in bottom of slow cooker.
7. Cook on slow for 9-10 hours.

Enjoy!

Thank you for stopping by my kitchen!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails