adapted from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1 pound Sweet Italian Sausage
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 large white onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled or 4 Tsp. bacon pieces
8 cups chicken broth
2 cups water
1 cup heavy cream
2 large russet potatoes
3 cups kale, washed & chopped into small pieces (leaf part only, no stems)
salt and pepper (as needed)
Parmesan cheese, shaved
1. In a large soup pot, brown up your sausage with the red pepper flakes.
2. While the sausage is cooking, cut your potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut the halves lengthwise again and then cut them into thin slices.
3. Once the sausage is cooked remove it to a plate, and add your onions, garlic and bacon into the soup pot. Saute them, stirring frequently until the onions are transparent.
4. Add the broth and water to the soup pot.
5. Carefully add the potatoes. Bring the soup to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and let the potatoes cook. It should only take about 10 minutes.6.Once your potatoes have cooked through, add the heavy cream and the sausage. Cook the soup just until it is heated through.
7. Add your kale, let cook for 1 minute and then remove from the heat and serve.
8. Top with shaved Parmesan.
Thanks for stopping by my kitchen!